Polar door technology features supreme energy efficiency and high-end security systems for your home-life comfort.
Some of the primary features that help Polar doors stand up to extreme weather and everyday life include:
- Maintenance-free composite jambs and brick moulds,
- High-impact steel reinforcement for added strength
- Energy efficient R15 polyurethane core
- Aluminum sill and a PVC thermal break for added weather protection,
- High-impact compression-molded fibreglass skins to help stand up against any possible dents, dings, splintering and corrosion
Polar doors also feature patented door security with our full-length solid wood blocks laminated between fibreglass. This provides secure mounting for Weiser brand hardware. To strengthen the locking mechanism even further, we make a specially designed striker plate that wraps around the solid fir frame, and fasten them with 3 ½” screws.
When it comes to Polar’s entry doors with glass features, we always incorporate our Window Powered Home technology — our best-in-class energy efficient windows that virtually eliminate condensation and frost.